There’s no ice quite like The Original Chewable Ice™ from Scotsman. Also known as nugget ice, this style of ice is ideal for a wide number of beverages because the unique, randomly sized bits of ice not only displace more liquid than ordinary cubed ice, but they’re simply more fun too!
When it comes to making this fabulous form, the 420 lb Nugget Ice Machine – Prodigy Series (N0422A-1A) is the perfect machine. Using up to 50% less water and 15% less energy than cube makers, it produces crystal clear nuggets while the AutoAlert™ indicator lights keep you up-to-date on the ice maker’s operating status.
The Best Benefits
- Stainless steel finish resists nasty corrosion - like rust
- Always keep a clean machine – the AutoAlert™ indicator lights notify staff when it's time to descale, sanitize and more
- In order to reduce drain time, particle build-up and rust, this machine features a one piece plastic drain system with large outlet
- Heavy duty gearbox operates on direct drive system - adding longevity and reliability to the unit
- Every ice machine needs its storage bin match – this machine is compatible with a number of bin models, including HTB250, HTB350, HTB555, BH550S, BH801S, BH900S, BH1100, BH1300 and BH1600
- Should an issue ever arise, you’ll be covered by a 3 year parts and labor warranty (5 years on compressor) - the easy-to-read diagnostic code display ensures you get the right fix, the first time
Nugget ice is a tasty and versatile option for most foodservice establishments
FSW Product Expert on 7/6/2010
Although there are a variety of ice cube styles that can work in commercial foodservice establishments, it seems like there is no style of ice that customers love more than nugget ice. This style of ice is softer and more chewable than traditional cubes. It’s also quite versatile, as it can be used in beverages and cocktails, as well as in displays like salad bars. Please note that nugget ice is only produced by specific nugget ice machines, such as the N0422A-1A from Scotsman. This particular unit has a 420 pound daily ice yield, meaning that you’ll be able to serve many customers with the delicious ice.