- Quiet performance
- Low operating costs
- Easy-access servicing
- Classic cubes are a common, yet versatile cube type
- Great for drinks of any kind, displays, retailing or dispensing
- Air-cooled machines are affordable, easy to install and ideal for water conservation
- AutoAlert® external indicator lights constantly communicates the machine's current status
- AquaArmor® anti-microbial protection reduces the growth of bacteria, mold, algae and slime
- WaterSense® reduces scale buildup by detecting and purging dirty water with each freezing cycle
- For use with storage bin models: B948S, BH900S-C, BH1100BB, BH1100SS, BH1300BB and BH1300SS
Nearly a Ton of Ice but Quiet as a Mouse
By Jason, FSW Product Expert
Review Date: 8/6/2010
With an ice machine that can make over 1,500 pounds of ice in a 24 hour period, sound can be a bit of a problem. The bigger it is, usually, the noisier it is. Fortunately, since the C1448SA-3A is part of the Scotsman Prodigy Series, it has some unique components and that make it a little quieter. For starters, the fan has a unique blade shape, and the blades are tilted more towards the horizontal. These two features reduce the amount of fan noise significantly, and the fan is where a lot of the noise comes from. The other key offender is the compressor, and Scotsman has designed a quieter one of those, too. Any noise the machine does produce is deafened by the sound shields. So, when compared to other ice makers of similar size, this unit is a purring kitten next to a screaming elephant.
Email is for Responses ONLY.
We will not send you any other email.