The 53 lb Self-Contained Cube Ice Machine – SM 50 Series (SM-50A) by Manitowoc may be small, but it needs no babysitting. Its simple upright design makes this ice bin is an excellent choice for self-service in a wide range of locations. Since it automatically refills itself with fresh, filtered ice, it’s perfect for hotels, home bars and much more. This quiet machine even easily installs within cabinets for stylish, ease of use, that's never in the way.
- Lighted bin makes seeing and scooping ice so easy
- Built-in ice scoop holder is a sanitary way to store your scoop
- Automatic ice making mode is always working when you need it to most.
- If an issue should ever creep up, this ice machine is covered by a 3 year parts and labor warranty
- Integrated filtration system keeps ice tasting great, while inhibiting build-up of scale on the machine
- Warning light alerts you when it’s time to change the filter so you’ll always have fresh, filtered ice
Great for Home Use
FSW Product Expert on 6/18/2009
This light-duty ice machine is great for home use and use in small offices because if you do not have a floor drain, you can get a plumber to install a sump pump. It makes 52 pounds of ice every 24 hours and has 25 pounds of storage, making it ideal for small kitchens. One thing to keep in mind is that you should probably have a Manitowoc contractor install this machine, or else get someone you are positive knows what they are doing, because any problems caused by poor installation are not covered under warranty if you do not use one of Manitowoc’s people. It makes “shot glass ice” which is bigger ice that is shaped like a shot glass. The potential disadvantage of this style of ice is that it is not very chewable; if that is a quality you are looking for in ice. However, these cubes will melt slowly and looks fantastic in rocks glasses. If you pride yourself on your high-class home bar or if you enjoy high end scotch or other liquors, this ice machine is a must have.