They say that good things come in small packages. We say great things come in small packages! For those that need flake-style ice, but don’t have a ton of extra room, the 400 lb Self-Contained Flake Ice Machine (EF250A32S) from Ice-O-Matic is an excellent solution. This compact flake ice machine measures in at only 41 inches tall making it too short to ride roller coasters, but the perfect height for placing underneath your counter.
Just because this machine maintains a low-profile doesn't mean it’s not a hard worker. Not only does it have its own built-in storage bin, it can produce up to 400 lbs of ice a day. If that weren't enough, this ice machine also features an air-cooled condenser. The air-cooled condenser drastically reduces water usage, but produces the same freezing results.
- Filter-Free Air
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Ultra-Low Profile
- 400 lbs of ice/day
- Air-Cooled Condenser
- This machine features filter-free air so there's no filter to change
- Stainless steel construction is corrosion-resistant
- You'll never be short on ice, this machine can produce a whopping 400 lbs of ice a day
- The air intake is only on one side so you can install the ice machine next to another piece of equipment
- Flake ice is forced through an extrusion process which removes excess water for high-quality flake ice
- Flake ice cools quickly, has a low production cost and can mold to any shape
- Great for produce, meat or seafood displays, blended cocktails, salad bars and therapeutic use
Smaller size, larger production
FSW Product Expert on 4/26/2010
If you’re looking to economize space within your establishment, Ice-O-Matic’s 400-lb. self-contained flake ice machine (EF250A32S) is an attractive option. Despite the fact that it’s just 32 inches wide, this ice machine will pump out 400 pounds of ice a day. Even better, its storage bin can hold roughly one-third of that total, which is excellent for a machine that takes up about six square feet of space. The air intake is on the left side and the exhaust is in the front, so it can easily fit into a corner and out of the way. An added bonus is that it doesn’t use air filters, which can save you some coin that you’d normally spend on a replacement. You also won’t have to worry about the machine losing efficiency because of a clogged air filter.