What are the Different Types of Pan Carriers?
There are two main types of Pan Carriers:
Front Load Pan Carrier
Front load pan carriers, also known as insulated pan carriers or food pan carriers, are best for transporting food pans in bulk. Once at the location, the food pans are then loaded into a chafing dish for service. The following specifications for front load pan carriers are as follows:
- Insulated to keep hot food hot and cold foods cold.
- Electrically heated pan carriers maintain temperatures between 150º and 165º without cooking.
- Capacity ranges from(2) 12x20 inch pans up to(8) 12x20 inch pans.
- Stackable models are available and include carrying handles for easy transport.
- Pan carriers can stand over five feet tall and are available with casters attached for easy mobility.
Top Load Pan Carrier
Top load pan carriers are best used to serve food for more casual events. This type of carrier has a removable lid and fits easily into catering vehicles. The following specifications for top load pan carriers are as follows:
- They range in depth from 2.5 to 16 inches.
- Insulated to keep hot food between 175º and 189º and cold food between 33º and 37º for four hours.
- They come with two available handle styles: lip or loop.