Tips and Supplies for Cutting Your Wedding Cake
Choosing the Right Knife and Server
The right utensils will perform perfectly with style.
- Consider serving size. Consider how large or small the cake pieces will be and purchase a cake server that will meet the size requirements.
- Choose a cake knife. Select a matching knife with a serrated edge that will cut cleanly through the cake.
- Maintain style in every detail. There a many wedding cake servers to choose from, keep it consistent and follow the theme of the overall wedding décor.
- Create a keepsake. Engraving is a great way to commemorate and personalize the serving set. Softer metals such as gold, sterling silver and pewter show the contrast of the engraving best and heavy metals like stainless steel will show an elegant but subtle marking.
Communicate the event’s timing with the caterer, coordinator and entertainment.
- Cue it up. Ask the DJ or band to provide a musical cue and verbal announcement to the party.
- Know the final head count. Share this information with the person who will be cutting the entire cake for service.
- Communicate with close family. Let them know if they should be nearby the cake for the cutting.
- Coordinate the timing with the photographer. This is typically a quick moment in the reception and can be missed if the camera is not near or ready.
Choosing a wedding cake knife and server does not need to be as complicated as the cake’s history, and simple elegance will often perform beautifully. Keep the plans simple, plan ahead and enjoy the moment!
- 10 Tips for Transporting a Wedding Cake
- What You Need to Make and Decorate a Wedding Cake
- How to Cater Your Own Wedding Reception
Wedding Cake Servers
Wedding Cake Knives
More from Tips and Supplies for Cutting Your Wedding Cake...
- How to Start Your Own Catering Business
- How to Price a Catering Menu
- Marketing a Catering Business: How Caterers Get Clients
- Creating a Catering Proposal and Quote
- How to Create an Off-Site Catering Menu: Choosing Foods that Hold & Travel Well
- How to Choose a Wedding Caterer
- How to Select a Wedding Cake for Your Reception
- Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Casual Wedding Reception
- Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Formal Wedding Reception
- Top 10 Must-Have Wedding Product Supplies
Back to Tips and Supplies for Cutting Your Wedding Cake