Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Formal Wedding ReceptionCreative Ideas and Supplies for a Formal Wedding Reception
Whether you dream of feeling like royalty or putting on the swank and savoir-faire, a formal wedding reception is a grand way to showcase glamour while celebrating your union with family and friends. Creative wedding reception supplies add the finishing touches to your beautiful night.
Escort Your Guest to Their Seat with Creative Elegance
Usher guests to their seating arrangements with place cards finished with beautiful calligraphy or embossed borders. Consider these tabletop options:
- Keep the card and sign holders simple if the place cards have artistic details.
- Attach a printed order of courses to restaurant table tents and place them in the middle of the table along with a center piece.
Put Everyone Under Candlelight
Turn on the romance with candle light, lots of it. Place candles on tables, shelves, ledges and any other space safe for small flickers to dance around. More creative ideas include:
- Adorn the tables with candelabras and let glimmering light bounce off the table settings.
- Cluster small candles in individual candle holders, float several votives in a large glass bowl, or set tapered candles into floral centerpieces.
- Use flickering LED tealights to create a candlelit glow in areas with higher concerns of fire safety.
Mix Luxurious Details with Practical Table Settings
Spruce up dinner service with refined elements. Include rich design options such as:
- Adorn the table while leaving enough room the multiple courses of china dinnerware, flatware, and drinkware.
- Cloth napkins add to the table’s elegance. Gather napkins with shining acrylic or jeweled napkin rings and place in the center of each plate.
- Drape dessert and dinner tables with tablecloths that enhance your color scheme. Play up the main color theme or create a white canvas that will highlight the luster and details in the table setting.
- Blend texture into the overall décor. Think about using smooth white or silver vases with bunches of roses or colored carnations. Glass vases can display long textured leaves swirling inside. Other unique materials such as: wood, ribbon, feathers, coral, shells or paper can be used to create a modern razzle-dazzle in the centerpiece.
Display Hors D’Oeuvres and Dessert with Distinction
Use catering displays to dress up food and cocktail stations with shine, flair and whimsy. Some stylish serving ideas:
- Offer fine finger food selections on a tiered display stand.
- Serve bottomless glasses from a shining silver champagne or punch fountains topped with full bunches of grapes.
- Feature a chocolate fountain and fruit tower to combine a fun dessert with posh styling.
Create your perfect formal affair with elegant detailing. Picture yourself waltzing in like Grace Kelley or Carey Grant and get ready to enjoy the party!
More from Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Formal Wedding Reception...
- How to Start Your Own Catering Business
- How to Price a Catering Menu
- Marketing a Catering Business: How Caterers Get Clients
- Creating a Catering Proposal and Quote
- How to Create an Off-Site Catering Menu: Choosing Foods that Hold & Travel Well
- Tips and Supplies for Cutting Your Wedding Cake
- How to Choose a Wedding Caterer
- How to Select a Wedding Cake for Your Reception
- Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Casual Wedding Reception
- Top 10 Must-Have Wedding Product Supplies
Back to Creative Ideas and Supplies for a Formal Wedding Reception