Fall, the magical time of year that offers crisp breezes, multi-colored landscapes and pumpkin-smelling everything. It’s also apple season and that means lots of cider to drink! Bring a taste of autumn into your restaurant, coffee shop or bar with these fun and inventive cider drink ideas.
For the Non-Alcohol Beverage Menu
Hot Apple Cider
Hot apple cider is appreciated wherever the weather is cold. Sweet, spicy and a lot like dessert in a cup, this autumn drink is a staple across the entire country.
Make this: Hot Apple Cider Recipe
- A stainless steel stock pot
- A square of cheesecloth
- A ladle
- Serve in a coffee mug or any large glass mug
Apple Ginger Sparklers
This recipe adds the intense flavor of ginger to sparkling apple cider and is garnished with spicy cinnamon sticks for a well-rounded beverage blend. Apple ginger sparklers are the perfect addition for breakfast and lunch menus or non-alcoholic dinner “mocktails.”
Make this: Apple Ginger Sparklers Recipe
- A medium sauce pan for small batches of ginger syrup
- A stock pot for large batches of ginger syrup
- A mesh strainer
- A glass bottle and liquor pourer for the ginger syrup
- A tall beverage glass
For the Coffee Menu
Harvest Coffee Cider
Coffee and tea drinkers can also enjoy the extra kick of cider with their morning or afternoon pick-me- ups. Consider experimenting with cider and coffee or cider and tea recipes to get a truly unique limited time item on your fall menu.
Make this: Harvest Coffee Cider
Easy Tea and Cider
Easy to make and a fun seasonal sipper for cold afternoons, this tea recipe is perfect for coffee shops and diners. Try the recipe out with different flavored teas to find a signature combination for your menu.
Make this: Easy Tea and Cider
For the Bar Menu
This simple drink packs a punch for cider and whiskey lovers. Rich and perfect for happy hour or cold autumn nights, this drink is a staple for cider season.
Make this: Ciderhouse Whiskey
Described as “a fine tipple for any time of the season” by SeriousEats, the Northern Spy mixes applejack liquor, fresh apple cider and apricot brandy with just a bit of lemon for a sweet and fruity drink.
Make this: Northern Spy
Incorporate cider drinks into your fall menu and use a limited time offer to promote these specialty drinks. Keep your cider promotion going for as long as supplies last and work with the season’s bounty of cider to shake, steep, brew or boil up a creative new drink for your customers.
More from Seasonal Drink Ideas: Fall Cider Drinks...
- Top 10 Tips for Purchasing Restaurant Equipment
- How to Avoid an Appearance on Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares"
- Do You Know Where Your Food Comes From? Following the Restaurant Food Supply Chain
- Cooking with Trans Fat Free Oil
- 5 Ways to Keep Organic Food on Your Restaurant Menu Year-Round
- How to Develop a Restaurant Menu
- How to Raise Menu Prices Effectively in Your Restaurant
- How FDA Menu Labeling Affects the Diner's Choices
- Restaurant Menus Dictate Everything (So Choose Wisely)
- Everything the Food Service Operator Needs to Know About the FDA
Back to Seasonal Drink Ideas: Fall Cider Drinks