Be it cart, trailer or stationary booth, a lot of planning should go into starting up a concession stand. Below are the most important steps to take before your grand opening.
- Develop a business plan.No good business is ever started on a whim. There is a lot of careful planning that goes into the way things will be run, from operations to objectives. Learn more about planning a concession stand»
- Create a menu.This is the most important part of your business and you should take time to figure out what types of menu items you want and it pays to put a lot of organization into what you want to cook and how you want to sell it. Learn more about planning a concession stand menu»
- Develop a budget and determine costs.No good business functions well without a budget. Your concession stand is no different. Carefully plan out the money you will need to spend on equipment, food and other supplies and learn how to properly mark-up your products. Learn more about the cost of running a concession stand»
- Choose your equipment and supplies.Get the right tools for the job. Based on your menu, purchase equipment and supplies that are appropriate and can perform the tasks expected. Take time to choose between new and used equipment. Learn more about choosing equipment for your concession stand»
- Select appropriate events or locations.The right venue can mean the difference between a success and a failure, so it is just as important to make sure you do research into the best types of events for your business model. Learn more about selecting profitable events for your concession stand»